The 4th IEA
International Research Conference
Passports and Visas



Participants from several countries need, in addition to a valid passport, a visa to enter and stay in Sweden for the duration of IRC2010. Sweden is a member of the Schengen Area, which has the same rules for visas in member countries.


Click here to see a list of countries whose nationals require a visa to visit Sweden.


To apply for a visa you should fill in the form Application for Schengen Visa. You should also fill in Appendix A, which is for conference visits. Along with the application you must also submit an Invitation Letter from the organizers of the conference. Send your request for the invitation letter to Professor Jan-Eric Gustafsson ( Observe that a Schengen visa is only valid for three months, so it cannot be issued more than three months before your planned return from Sweden.


Your visa application should be handed in to a Swedish embassy or consulate abroad, or in the case Sweden does not have diplomatic representation in your country, to the embassy or consulate of another Schengen country. Information about where residents of different countries can apply for a visa is available at the website of the Swedish Migration Board at Here you can also find more complete information about rules and regulations concerning passports and visas.